Monday, February 8, 2016

Sticking To The Plan!

Well I did it!!!  I stayed home this weekend, I worked on a Weekly Meal Plan!  I even created the spreadsheet!!! (Yes, I'm tooting my own horn...lol)
I have an amazing husband who decided to buy me a car Friday, so we were at the dealership Saturday finishing the last of the paperwork.  Why is buying a car such a long process???  My husband was literally at the dealership for 3 hours Friday, only to get home and have them call him back and say that we need to come back in because they forgot to have us sign some papers.  How. Annoying.  So needless to say, we had to pack all three kids up and head to town on Saturday.  Yet, I still got a little time in to do the weekly meal plan!
The weekly meal plan is a little tedious.  You want to make sure you have all the ingredients for every meal you are planning to make.  Lord knows that if you get home after a long day at work just to see that you don't have all the ingredients for dinner that night, you are eating something different!  No way are you going to rush to the store for one or two things, or atleast I know I wouldn't!
So in creating the weekly meal plan, I had to be really careful and pick meals that I already have the ingredients for.  I did it backwards this week, I had gone grocery shopping Friday night, then made the weekly meal plan Saturday.  That is why I was trying to pick certain meals, so I didn't have to double up on the grocery shopping this week! ($100 a week, if not more, on groceries is a killer!)
I wanted to attach my meal plan so I could get some feedback on it, but I'm not quite sure how to do that yet...
Needless to say, I used Pinterest for all of my recipes this time around.  I don't always use Pinterest, it is definitely one of my go-to's, but to keep it simple this time it is the only website I used.
I will list what the meals are below and add the webiste  :)

Buffalo Turkey Burgers -
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/27654985189732840/

Chicken & Cabbage Wrap -
http://cleaneatingmealplan.blogspot.com/2015/06/healthy-lunch-recipe-chicken-and.html

Black Bean Tacos w/Avocado Cilantro-Lime Sauce -
http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2014/05/black-bean-tacos-with-avocado-cilantro.html

Turkey Vegetable Soup -
http://www.plainchicken.com/2015/01/turkey-vegetable-soup.html
Creamy Tuna Pasta w/Greek Yogurt - 
http://aggieskitchen.com/2013/03/06/creamy-tuna-pasta-salad-with-greek-yogurt/

Let me know what you think if you make any of these recipes!!!

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment