Thursday, February 18, 2016

Teething Baby!

I have three children, a 14 year old son, almost 4 year old daughter, and a 10 month old daughter.  Believe it or not, all 3 of them cut teeth!  All three of them whined and cried.  But honestly, I never remember teething being this hard! :(

My daughter becomes so clingy and whiny when she's teething.  And by "clingy" I mean she won't go to a single other person besides me!  And she won't sleep.  Ever.

S/N:  I did breastfeed her the longest, that could be a reason she's so close to me...

I have tried the ever-so-wonderful Sophie the Giraffe Teether, which she liked to chew on, but didn't help when she was in pain. I have tried the frozen wash cloth, teething tablets, teething necklaces, teething oils, orajel and good old Tylenol.

I'm a firm believer in doing whatever you can to alleviate your child's pain.  Which is usually doing something they love.  For all 3 of my kids it has been taking a bath and going outside.  Whether it be 2pm or 2am, we will be taking a bubbly, warm bath or taking a stroll outside.  This has been the only thing that seems to get her mind off the pain and help her relax.

I have began to realize that when a child is in pain, specifically teething pain, the only thing you can do is comfort them and wait for them to fall asleep, so you can too!



3 comments:

  1. There is nothing worse then hearing your little ones in pain...hoping you all get a good nights rest x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete