Thursday, February 4, 2016

Week night dinner ideas are killing me!

I hate to start off sounding so negative :/ but this is something I battle with constantly!  Kids want junk food, hubby wants a ton of food, and I am in the middle thinking "healthy...cholesterol....sugars...sodium....waaaaaaahh"

Yes, I know, there are millions of sites to find recipes and dinner ideas.  It seems like I spend an hour (or hours) looking for dinner ideas and new, exciting recipes, just to get home and throw together the same thing we always eat  :(  And yes, I do have a Pinterest account and I LOVE it!!!  I will link it below :)

Now, I am like the rest of the people in the world, I "try"to eat healthy and exercise and all of that good stuff.
I typically use ground turkey meat or chicken breast with different vegetables.  I try to limit the carbs at night, although I love them!

Where do you go to find new recipes?  Does it take up all of your preparation time just looking?
When you are dealing with the same meats and the same vegetables, dinner starts to get redundant, very redundant.

My 14 year old son asked me, "Mom, why can't we be like normal people and have burgers, tacos and spaghetti for dinner?"  HA HA!  He is sick of eating "healthy" poor thing  ;)

I have decided that I am going to sit down this Saturday and take an hour (or more) searching for new recipes and adding them to a spreadsheet!  I will post them to my blog next week once I have something presentable that isn't "ground turkey with zucchini" every night.  Lol

Pinterest link:

https://www.pinterest.com/asayre2001/

No comments:

Post a Comment